Monday, October 25, 2010

Fat Women Do Not Like Shopping For Clothes....

.....beacuse it just is NOT FUN! Hubby gave me a gift certificate to Kohls for my birthday this year. It was sweet. At first I was not impressed about it. I thought that I would never be able to find anything for myself at Kohls. It is a skinny persons store. And going clothes shopping when you are obese is just not a fun experience. Nothing fits right, nothing looks good. And then there are those awful dressing rooms. I hate those dressing rooms. Big bright lights and full length mirrors are not the obese womens' friend. I hate clothes shopping. I need to lose at least 50-60 pounds before I may possibly enjoy it. I am looking forward to one day enjoying shopping for clothes. And shoes. I love shoes. High heel strappy shoes. I love them. But I can't wear them at my weight. So I will hold off on the shoe shopping, and no more clothes shopping for me for a long time. It is just too depressing right now. Especially when I am shopping in the area that all kinds of old women are shopping in because of my size. I want to wear clothes that make me feel good, not just cover me up. Anyways I was able to find two nice nightgowns. I really needed some. They are long and quite lovely. And I found one shirt that didn't look awful on me. And then I bought a large beautiful picture frame and another plaque for our house. So, I got some nice things, but the whole experience was quite depressing.

Tonight we had homemade calzones for supper. They were 14 points and worth every bite. They were quite yummy. I made homemade pizza dough with whole wheat flour. Then the calzones were stuffed with sauteed peppers, spinach, feta and mozzarella cheese. It made me realize how fattening and calorie heavy my old calzone must have been. I would have made an all white flour crust using plenty of oil to make it rich, put in at least three times the amount of cheese, plus added fatty toppings such as hamburger and pepperoni, then loaded my plate up with ranch dressing to dip every bite into. So fattening and full of calories!! My lighter version was very yummy, filling and satisfying. It was more points than I ususally eat for supper, but I had planned accordingly for that and I am still right on target eating wise. I even get to have a bit of ice cream later. Yum!

I need to remember that I am in this for the long haul and not get frustrated. It is easy to get irriated and frustrated, especially with today shopping trip fresh in my mind. But day by day I know that I am making positive choices and I will eventually get to my goal. Then shopping will be fun!!

1 comment:

  1. Your supper sounds yummy!!!! I miss wheat sometimes, like pizza, but the pain in my tummy is not worth it so off wheat I must stay.

    Step by step we are doing this weight loss thing!

    ReplyDelete