Last week I joined Weight Watchers. I really struggled with how I wanted to approach my weight loss goals. It seems that all my life I have either been losing or gaining weight. I will go on a crash type diet and loss a bunch of weight, then go off and gain it all right back plus some. I have been seesawing up and down for over a decade. Two decades in fact. This all started back in high school but it was not so bad then. It really got bad in my early 20's and has been continuing until now. This time though I determined that I can not look to a fad diet to lose weight. I need to do something that I can live with for the long haul. I did WW seven years ago after the birth of our 4th child and did pretty well. I lost 50 or so pounds but then we went on vacation and I let everything go. I was never able to get back on track and I ended up gaining back all my weight and then some. At the time I was doing WW at home. My mom was doing the program with me and we helped each other. But she never did well on the program and did not continue. Without her support it was harder for me to stick with it. And then I got pregnant and figured that was a good excuse to eat whatever I wanted.
This time I joined WW and I am attending meetings. I really think that those meetings will help to keep me accountable and keep me focused on my goals with other people who are doing the same thing. I have already benefited from the meetings. Last Friday I had a particularly stressful day and all I wanted to do was make a big batch of cookies and eat and eat and eat. Sad how we stuff our emotions with pleasure food. But, knowing that I had a public weigh in coming up, I did not make the cookies and stayed on program.
I need to lose at least 90 pounds. It would be great to lose 100. I do not want to put myself in a box or have expectations that are too high and then feel like a failure. So, for now, I am striving for 90 and hoping for 100. My starting weight was 226 last week. My first weigh in I was down to 219. 6 pounds the first week made me very happy. I will not be weighing myself here at home. Just at the meetings. I have no intention of driving myself crazy by checking my weight every day. Once a week is sufficient for me.
I will be posting my daily food intake here along with any particularly delicious recipes.
I get to be the first follower!!!
ReplyDeleteI am SO glad to see you blogging again.
To strive for moderation is leading a balance life...you can do this. I am with you on not doing any of the crazy dieting techniques anymore...for me it is fasting that I battle with...it is a good thing to do IF God is calling me to fast but I often battle with fasting for weight loss...not a good thing!
Anyway it is good to see you back!