Today was my WW meeting and weigh in. I was down another 2 pounds! Yay for me! I am happy with that number. Of course we always want more but 2 is better than 1 which is better than nothing and I am happy with 2. If I can consistently lose 2 pounds a week I will be doing good. I was able to exercise three days last week and burned almost 1500 calories. I am proud of myself for that. This week will be a challenge in the exercise department as will the next several weeks. I have so much to share with you about things that are happening this next week but I can't do it now.
What I do want to do right now is talk about some things that happened today. First of all today is Saturday and I always make up my menu for the week and a corresponding grocery list on Friday. Then after my WW meeting on Saturday I go grocery shopping and run any other errands that need to be done. Saturdays are not good days to go grocery shopping. Period. Everyone else is out trying to go food shopping and the aisles are crowded and everything. I know this, but there is nothing that can be done about it. It is more practical for me to fight the crowds and go after my meeting than to do it on a different day making another trip to town and wasting more gas. Might as well get it down while I am in town and just deal with the crowded conditions. It usually doesn't bother me too much. Today however was a whole different story. Today being the last Saturday before Thanksgiving everyone and their mother was at the store. It was so packed full of people and nobody had any sense of what they were doing! They were just meandering around the store slowly as if on a leisurely Sunday stroll in the park. Move People! Come on!! Have a sense of purpose, get done what you need to get done or get out of the way!! Perhaps I am too efficient. Having 7 children will do that to a person. Or perhaps I am too impatient. I don't think of myself as impatient though. It is terribly hard to be impatient with 7 children. I mean there is a certain measure of patience needed just to mother that many children so I am not an impatient person. As a matter of fact at one point in our shopping trip a little old lady had the unfortunate experience of having her frozen orange juice leap out of her cart and go scurrying down the grocery aisle. I immediately sent my Tonka boy off to fetch it for her and waited patiently while he retrieved it and brought it back to her. So see? I am not an impatient tyrant. It just would be nice if people would go shopping with a sense of purpose. You know? Get it done, lets go! And I am not like this in other places. Other stores certainly merit taking a longer more leisurely time. Any shoe store, for instance, clothing stores, malls. All of these places are ones that I am not botherd by the meandering masses. But at the grocery store it bugs me to no end. Make a list, stick to it, get what you need and get out of my way! Ha. :)
Oh, a funny thing happened at the check out too. The belt stopped working. You know the conveyor belt that brings all of your food up to the clerk so she can beep it and pack it up for you? Yeah, that belt. It wouldn't go. And I didn't even freak about it. I actually thought it was rather humourous and was perfectly prepared to make for a very long check out experience of shoving all of my goods down the conveyor belt piece by piece until we were down. A rather odious task considering the fact that I had two, (yes two!) grocery carts with me. But I was rolling with the punches. She finally got the thing fixed though. Apparently there was a sticker on the metal next to the button to turn the contraption on and off and it wouldn't work with the sticker on it. So bizarre!! I mean, just really weird. So as we were laughing about the absurdness of it she told me that the machine was very persnickety! Persnickety!! I love it. I always use the word persnickety and I have never heard another person use it before. People always look at me weird like 'what did you just say?' I laughed with her and told her that I was so happy that she used the word persnickety because I do too. It was funny. Maybe you had to be there though. :)
Also, this week I learned a very important, and painful lesson about fiber. Apparently you can eat too much fiber. Or at least I can. My tummy was so angry with me all week and I could not figure out what was going on. But by the end of the day, every night, my tummy would be beating out a painful song. I would sit on the couch curled up and hunched over in such pain. I couldn't figure out what was wrong. Then I got to looking at my food journal and saw that I was eating a lot of vitalicious VitaTops. They are so yummy. And chocolatey! And only 1 point each!! What's not to love?? They had become my go to snack and I realized that I was eating 3, 4, even 5 of them a day. That is a LOT of fiber and my tummy was not happy about it. I had to take a day off, with no VitaTops at all, to see if that was in fact what my problem was and low and behold I was not in excruiating pain that night. So the next day I had only 1 VotaTop and I also enjoyed some yogurt and my tummy was very pleased with me. So I have learned that I can still enjoy my VitaTops, just not 4 or 5 a day and they need to be tempered with some tummy soothing yogurt too.
So that is all for now. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment