....and yet I can't think of a single thing at the present moment. I had so much on my mind yesterday that I wanted to blog about but now I can't remember any of it!! Wow, my brain is really not working well.
Have been very busy lately trying to get school figured out. I had the "brilliant" idea earlier this year to change curriculum for school this year. Now I am not pleased and we will be ordering additional material to the tune of a lot of money. I have been trying to figure out where the money is going to come from (most likely our vacation fund) and not liking it one bit. But we need to be sure that the children are getting the best possible education so it has to be done. Next year we will be going back to the program that was working so well to begin with. If it isn't broke don't fix it!!!
I also want to talk about being selfish. Something else I did the last few days is read through a lovely blog that spoke to me on so many levels. It is called Adios Fat Pants and can be found here: http://adiosfatpants.blogspot.com/
I related to so much of what she had to say and her blog was so encouraging for me.
Anyways, my point of being selfish, one of her posts talked about being selfish, but in a good way, as in taking time for yourself to meet your goals. Taking time to go for a walk or a jog or a run, or taking time to go to the gym. Taking time to make healthy food and research healthy food options. For me right now I guess it is taking the time to go to my weekly Weight Watchers Meetings. As a mom I don't take enough time for myself because I feel guilty about it. I care for my children, my husband, my house, my animals, all day long. There is usually not a lot of time left for me and when I do manage to squeeze some time in for myself I feel so guilty about it. I guess I need to work on that more because I do need to be more selfish when it comes to my health. I would really like to join a gym. I am terrified of going for walks or runs in my area because of the mountain lions. I am very afraid and no amount of talking myself into it can fix that. I am afraid of being eaten. There I said it. And lets face it at this point I would be a pretty tasty meal. Full of fat. Lots of flavor. And I certainly couldn't outrun any wild animal that wanted to take a bite out of me. So, yeah, I am afraid to go running around here and that is a shame because I really want to get back into running again. I loved it so much when I did it a couple summers ago. So I need to try and work out how I can get a gym membership and find time to do that as well as everything else that I need to do. Plus find the money to sign up for one.
What else??? Oh, for supper last night I had two veggie burgers on grilled portabella mushrooms. It was decadent. Lovely. Yummy!!!
That is all for now.
No comments:
Post a Comment